Are you ready for a feast of rockin’ blues? Then tuck into this menu of a dozen superb performances by one of the UK’s most popular bands. The Blues Band started life at the start of the 1980s, just when the New Romantics were dominating the charts and airways. The founder members Paul Jones (vocals) and Tom McGuinness (guitars) were determined to bring back the earthy spirit of the blues and they quickly found an audience eager for some ‘real music’.
They hit the road and the recording studios, unleashing a string of fine albums, including ‘Ready’, first released in 1980. This lively CD is packed with driving blues and R&B numbers, with tunes by Willie Dixon, Doc Pomus and Ray Charles. Watch out for a raunchy cover version of Bob Dylan’s ‘Maggie’s Farm’. With Hughie Flint (drums), Gary Fletcher (bass) and Dave Kelly on slide guitar, this is a powerhouse outfit, ready to rock’n’roll the blues, just the way you like it.
UK Release Date - 11 June, 2012 European Release Date - 27 April, 2012
13. Treat Her Right (Released on the UK version of the LP Arista BB002)
14. Ain’t It Tuff (Single A –side Arista 102873, p.1980)
15. Back Door Man (Single B–side Arista 102873, p.1980)
16. That’s All Right (live) (Single A –side BLUES 1, p.1980)
17. Nadine (live) (Single B –side BLUES 1, p.1980)