1966 - Live & Rare
- 17 newly remastered recordings
- Featuring live performances from French TV Music Hall De France, the Sanremo Music Festival and the NME Poll Winners Concert
- Also includes 10 rare mono studio recordings including Keith Relf solo recordings, commercials and more
- Pressed on 180g orange coloured vinyl
- Extensive liner notes by Chris Welch
1966 was an exciting year for The Yardbirds, when the group was pulsing with ideas and energy. With singer and harmonica player Keith Relf at the helm and Jeff Beck providing guitar wizardry at his side, the group were on fire.
They had released seminal studio album The Yardbirds, better known as Roger The Engineer, that featured Jeff on songs like ‘Over, Under, Sideways, Down’. However, it was on the road that the group, with Chris Dreja on bass and Jim McCarty on drums, really came alive. We hear them in action on the many dynamic live performances presented on this superb vinyl LP, storming into classics like ‘Train Kept A-Rollin’ ’ and ‘Shapes of Things’ to screams of applause.There are also fascinating oddities like American radio commercials, as well as the A and B sides of singles and even ‘Stroll On’ from the soundtrack of the famed Sixties’ movie Blow-Up. Here is a feast of Yardbirds in flight, that will delight collectors and fans alike.